- Effective at grill cleaning
- Easy to clean
- Affordable but quality
- Only comes with a 1-year warranty
- Can have loose bristles
There are a lot of factors to consider when you’re trying to decide which grill brush to use for your grill. It’s especially true if you have a rather pricey grill with porcelain coating. If that’s the case it may seem as if stainless steel grill brushes would be out of the running. But then there’s the Alpha Grillers 18-Inch Grill Brush with its classic 3-pronged design that you really need to put on your list of candidates.
Alpha Grillers 18-Inch Grill Brush Features
This is one tough grill brush and the marketing for it even mentions how useful it can be for the inevitable zombie apocalypse. The handle is made of very stiff plastic that feels right when you hold it with one or two hands.
The 3 woven wires that emerge from the handle just won’t break or bend regardless of how much force you exert in scrubbing off the grime from your grill grate. The bristles are also very secure in their place, though common sense should tell you to always check them no matter what.
The angle of the handle is lowered so that you can scrub to your heart’s content without having your hands up too high. The spread out wires also cover a lot more surface area and it’s about 3 times the size of what you’d find on other grill brushes.
The whole grill brush is about 18 inches long and many find this length the optimal distance that balances control of the brush and safety from getting your hands burned.
The stainless-steel bristles are rustproof and they really get rid of the grime efficiently. Yet they’re also safe for all grills and that includes even comparatively fragile porcelain grates. Cleaning it is simple as the open design allows hot soapy water to get through and remove the grime from the bristles.
While this will wear out eventually as all grill brushes must you can still enjoy a 1-year warranty.
Pros of the Alpha Grillers
Go online and read the other customer reviews for this Alpha Grillers grill brush and you’ll find the customer ratings are through the roof. More than 9 out of 10 customers give it full marks in all the famous online retail stores. It’s very popular as well and part of the reason for that is it’s more affordable than others. What will really make you feel good about buying this is that it is much better than some other grill brushes that cost twice as much.
- The Alpha Grillers grill brush is pretty much unbreakable. It doesn’t matter if you’re Gregor “The Mountain” Clegane—you can really bear down on your grill grate with this and it won’t bend or break.
- It’s easy to use too. The angle is just right to give you the leverage and control you need. .The handle can accommodate the use of 2 hands if you’re really scrubbing with all your might.
- The bristles work very effectively in getting the grime off the grill so it’s not as if you’re going to need Hulk-like strength every time. The bristles also cover a lot of area so it shouldn’t take all that long either. Cleaning the grill grate should be done in a jiffy.
- It’s also very easy to clean the bristles. Just set it face down in a few inches of hot soapy water and you’re good to go after a few minutes.
- It’s rust proofed That’s expected of stainless steel.
- Don’t worry about the state of your pricey porcelain-enameled cast iron grill. You won’t get any scratches from the stainless-steel bristles. It’s designed for any kind of grill grate.
- The handle is far enough away from the grill so that you can heat the grill when you clean it and you won’t burn your hands. The handle also works as insulation too.
- For most people the bristles don’t come off at all regardless of how often you use the grill brush.
- It’s very cheap yet the quality isn’t cheap at all.
Of course even the very best consumer items may elicit a few complaints here and there; the Alpha Grillers grill brush isn’t exempted from this rule:
- It only comes with a 1-year warranty. Granted that this is standard for the industry, a few others do come with much longer warranties of 5 years or even more.
- There’s still a possibility that you’ll get a dud that doesn’t have bristles that stay in place. That’s why it’s imperative that you should check the brush first for any loose bristles before you use it.
With all things considered, the Alpha Grillers 18-Inch Grill Brush is an excellent choice for any price range. It’s one of the cheapest makes and it is a truly terrific purchase.