The basic design for the best grill brushes is pretty much standard these days. It includes 3 stems with bristles coming out of a long and sturdy handle and you can use a lot of force to really get the grime out. The main concern is that you should always check that the bristles remain in place.
If a few bristles fall out and get into your food, it can lead to a very bad day. Or you can make sure all days are good if you just don’t use bristles instead which is what you get with this Kona Safe Bristle-Free Barbecue Grill Brush.
Features of Kona Safe Bristle-Free Barbecue Grill Brush
The length of the Kona Safe Grill Brush is standard at about 18 inches (or 17.5 inches if you want to be exact). This is a very popular length because it’s not too short that your hands get burned because they’re too near the hot grill.
But, it’s also not too long that it becomes too unwieldy and you can’t control it very well. You can set the angle you want to clean the grill and you can use one hand or two.
Again in the design there’s also that familiar hard plastic handle and then there are 3 wires for the surface area of the cleaner. But, the wires from the hand diverge to the left and right so that at the end the cleaning surface stems are perpendicular to the handle instead of aligned. This orientation is different because the cleaning surface area doesn’t have any bristles at all!
Instead it features spirals around the 3 cleaning area stems. There aren’t any sharp edges at all that can scratch your grill which is why it’s recommended for any grill type. You can have a ceramic, porcelain, or even an infrared grill and you’re okay with the Kona Safe Grill Brush.
So now you know why it’s safe;there aren’t any bristles that can fall off and somehow get into your food. To use this you just dip it in water while you use it to brush the grill when it’s hot. The resulting steam helps with the cleaning process.
It’s very tough too and the rigidity is estimated to be 125% greater than your standard brush. This won’t bend or break. It’s so tough that the warranty is absurdly for 10 long years.
Users,and there are quite a lot of them,have a high regard for this grill brush. Here are some of the more popular reasons why that’s so:
- It works very well and you really don’t need a lot of effort to make it work. It can get rid of the stickiest grime without any real problems. The design and the light weight make it really easy to use.
- It really helps that it has a large cleaning surface area. That cuts down the time you need to clean the top and sides of your grate.
- The design is safe for even your most fragile grill grate as its lack of sharp edges means that your grill won’t be scratched. This is a common problem with many substandard stainless-steel brushes as they’re often too hard on cast iron grills with porcelain coating.
- You won’t have to worry about bristles getting in your food either. That’s because this doesn’t have any bristles to begin with. It’s a very unique design that Kona is actually working on getting patented.
- The durability is also not in question. The handle is weather resistant and tough; the stainless-steel build is properly stiff. It’s so long-lasting that you even get a warranty for 10-years and this is a special “no hassle” warranty too.
Nothing’s perfect in this world, and that includes this grill brush. Here are some issues that may prove just a bit problematic:
- The unique design, which doesn’t come with bristles, requires a different way of using the grill brush. Watch videos on how to use this properly as you can’t just glide the brush over the horizontal grates.
- It’s not as cheap as the others though it’s not really what you’d call expensive either.
This is what you need to get for your grill if you don’t ever want to worry again about swallowing bristles with your food. It’s a huge relief for many and it helps that it’s really easy to use and very effective too.
Of course, you may have to practice a bit with the new method to get it right but it’s not that hard. It’s not rocket science. It’s also not that expensive either. With its vaunted durability, its per-year cost is actually one of the lowest among the grill brushes on this list. So try this Kona Safe Bristle-Free Barbecue Grill Brush and see just how effective it is even for your porcelain grills.