What do you mean you don’t have a grill brush yet? When grilling regularly, you must get the best grill brush so you can clean the grate after each use. For goodness’ sake, just look at the grate if you don’t clean it—are you sure you want to eat the food that you place there?
Seriously, cleaning the grill grate is imperative and for that you need to buy a nice grill brush. With a good grill brush, you can make your grill last for a very long time and can end up with good food as well!
Grill Brush Buying Guide
How exactly should you pick the right grill brush for your grill? You can’t just pick the cheapest one. Expand your budget a bit since even the best ones don’t really cost all that much. You won’t have too much, especially when you buy online.
If price is not really a factor, then what are the real considerations? Here are some factors that you should note when you buy your grill brush:
- Does it work? You’d be surprised but some grill brushes don’t really work that well at all. What you need is a grill brush that can get rid of even the most stubborn grime on the grill.
- Is it easy to use? There are many factors here that make up the “ease of use” part of the decision. First, it should feel nice when you hold it. Then it should let you work on the grill without getting into awkward positions. You should be able to reach every dirty part of the grill without too much trouble.
- Is it safe? One factor is the length of the brush. It should be long enough that it doesn’t get your hands near the grate. Remember, it’s easiest to clean the grate when it’s heated up.
- Will it last? Some brushes can break very easily when you use them. Others have bristles that can burn or rust. It’s for this reason stainless steel grill brushes are so popular these days. They’re the ones that are truly the most durable.
However, you also need to note if the bristles loosen up too quickly and shed bristles into the grate. This is dangerous as these bristles can get into your food and you may inadvertently swallow them. That’s good for your health at all.
- Will it damage your grill? In the past, the rule was to use stainless steel brushes only if your grill is also made of stainless steel. That’s because if you use stainless steel bristles on softer cast iron grills you’ll just damage the grill. So, for those softer grills, you needed softer bristles made up of brass.
Nowadays, the newer stainless-steel grill brushes are designed to keep them from damaging even grills with porcelain coating. All you need to do is find these excellent stainless-steel grill brushes—and we’ve done that for you.
Qually United 18-Inch 3 in 1 BBQ Grill Brush
Let’s start off with the extremely popular and highly regarded Qually United grill brush. This uses the 3-in-1 design having 3 brushes with stainless steel bristles. You have a sturdy plastic handle and then from that, three stems that feature bristles on each. Just remember to be sure you’re working on a hot grill to easily remove the grease and grime.
- This works very well. It can get rid of grime in spots that you may not reach with other designs.
- This is a stainless-steel grill brush that’s designed to work even for softer cast iron grills with porcelain coatings. You don’t need to fear that your pricey grill will be damaged by this brush.
- The nice angle of the brush lets you use this without getting into awkward positions with your hands.
- The 18-inch length is just right as it keeps your hands away from the hot grill while it also lets you control the grill brush properly.
- With 3 brushes you can clean your grill in less time.
- Cleaning involves just sticking it into your dishwasher when it gets dirty. Soapy water in a basin works too.
- The bristles generally stay in place.
- The handle and the stem won’t break even as you exert force to get rid of the grime.
- It’s a US brand.
- If you like popular items then you’ll love this. This is extremely popular.
- The warranty is just for 1 year.
It’s popular for a reason, and that’s because it really is a good grill brush for your money. Thousands of people have bought this, and the vast majority of users report their utmost satisfaction with it.
Alpha Grillers 18-Inch Grill Brush
Alpha Grillers also uses the trendy 3-in-1 design for their grill brush. The main difference with the others is that somehow, they’re able to cut down on the price without compromising on the quality of the brush.
- This is one very tough grill brush. It just won’t break or bend. It just seems indestructible. Use two hands on it and exert some force, and you won’t have to worry that it will snap while you use it.
- Using this is very easy. The handle can accommodate both your hands if you really want to put some muscle into it.
- You won’t really need to forcefully use this since the bristles work well enough to really remove the grime from the grill grate.
- Cleaning it involves just putting it face down in soapy water for a few minutes. Then dry it face down and you’re done.
- You can hang this outside and it won’t rust.
- It won’t scratch your grill even if you do have porcelain coating on your cast iron grill.
- The bristles are designed to stay in place securely so they don’t loosen up.
- It’s cheap but that’s the price and not the quality.
- Every now and then there’s a brush that gets past quality control so you should always check the bristles.
- The warranty is for 1 year. After that if the bristles come loose you need to buy a new one.
Who says that high quality must come with a high cost? Alpha Grillers certainly doesn’t subscribe to that philosophy. In many ways, this is just as good as the others, though you just don’t have to pay a high price for it.
Kona Safe Bristle-Free Barbecue Grill Brush
It’s not very often that you get fancy new designs for affordable items like a grill brush. But then Kona took note of how often consumers complained about bristles coming loose. This is often a common weak point among grill brushes. So, Kona solved the problem like Alexander solved the Gordian knot—the company just designed a brush without any bristles at all.
- The innovative bristle-free design eliminates one of the most common reasons to replace the grill brush. Usually you need a new one because the bristles are getting loose. Now you need a new reason to buy a new one.
- The lack of bristles also means that there’s no more reason to worry about getting bristles into the food which you may accidentally swallow.
- This is nicely stiff to withstand whatever force you exert. The rigidity is estimated to be 125% greater than other brushes.
- The handle is also tough and weather-resistant. It also feels great in your hands when you hold it.
- The overall durability is so superior that it comes with a 10-year warranty. It’s astonishing when you compare it to the standard 1-year warranty for the others.
- Like its bristled counterparts with the 3 brushes, this design covers a large area at once so you can cut down on the time you normally take in cleaning your grill.
- It doesn’t scratch even flimsy grills with porcelain coating.
- The new design means you need to learn how to use it properly. Thankfully it’s not really that complicated but you can’t use it the same way that you used grill brushes with bristles.
- It’s the priciest grill brush on this list though it’s not exactly expensive.
It’s always nice to see that technological advances are being made in such a seemingly trivial tool like a grill brush. But we all know that this is important if you do have a grill. With this bristle-free design you at least won’t have to worry about swallowing bristles as you eat. Add all the other advantages and you sure get your money’s worth. Divide the cost by the 10-year ownership and it’s even cost-effective too.
Weber 6493 21-Inch 3-Sided Grill Brush
Some people just don’t care about fancy designs that add to the cost. They may also not even care about learning new ways of using a grill brush. The attitude of these people is simple: it’s just a grill brush! Give them something that they know how to use, is reasonably durable, and affordable and they’re fine.
If this is precisely your attitude too then you’ll really appreciate the Weber 6493. This has a handle with the hard plastic but at the end there’s a triangle with the base of the triangle at the other end. That’s where you’ll find the stainless-steel bristles.
- For traditionalists the simple design is a welcome relief. There’s no fancy new way of using it. You use it like you’ve always used a grill brush. When you’re used to such a design, it’s quite effective.
- Though it’s a traditional design it does come with modern features. The most important new feature here is that it is safe to use for all types of grills and not just for stainless steel grills. This can be used even on porcelain-coated cast iron grills without damaging them in any way.
- Cleaning it is also very simple. You can either put it in a dishwasher when it gets dirty or you can soak it for a few minutes in soapy water before you dry it.
- The bristles are also well designed so that they don’t get loose very easily. That’s a traditional weakness in grill brushes that’s not seen in this traditional brush.
- It’s also 21 inches long which assures you that your hands won’t get burned when you use this while the grill is hot. It’s also not that long that it’s more difficult to maneuver.
- You can have a good grip on the handle too, and it can fit both your hands.
- It’s also very durable, and it can even last for years as other users have reported.
- You just need to be careful that you’re getting a real Weber grill brush and not some counterfeit.
- This can take a while to clean a grate since it covers a small area with just a single set of bristles.
- Never mind about the warranty as it’s not easily available. Of course at this price point it’s just too much trouble anyway.
This is for those who really don’t want to make a big deal out of a simple grill brush. This is for you if you don’t care much for fancy features. This is very affordable, very durable, and very cheap; for many, it’s a simple choice.
Kona 18-Inch 3 in 1 Grill Brush
Now we get back to the popular 3-in-1 design. If you’re not convinced yet about the new Kona design then Kona also has its version of the 3-in-1 grill brush. The basic features are still the same except now you get to enjoy the Kona premium quality.
- The design is popular because it really does work. It can really remove the grime from the grill grate with no trouble whatsoever.
- The angle of the grill brush is just right too. It lets you push and exert effort and yet the angle isn’t too high that it gets too hard to control.
- The 3 brushes working together cover a bigger area than usual so you can clean the grill much more quickly than with just a single brush.
- This is very rigid so don’t worry if you press on it hard to really get the grime off. It won’t break or bend on you when you use it.
- The length of the handle and the hard plastic keeps your hands safe from getting burned by the hot grill.
- The bristles on the brush are also designed not to loosen anytime soon. They’re set to stay in place even after repeated use.
- This is very safe to use even for non-stainless-steel grills. So, if you have porcelain coating or an expensive grill, this won’t scratch it one little bit.
- For a grill brush with bristles the warranty is fantastic at 5 years. You’re not supposed to expect this kind of durability from a grill brush but apparently Kona didn’t get the memo on that.
- The customer support is also terrific and they’ll send you a replacement even if you just hint that there’s something wrong with it.
- Nothing is perfect and that includes Kona quality control. Though it is unlikely for the bristles to loosen, you just never know. So, you still must check just to be on the safe side.
With all things considered, this is a fantastic buy. The 3-in-1 grill brush design is popular because it works, but then Kona added its penchant for durability to this grill brush. With the 5-year warranty, it’s a clear front-runner in the grill brush industry.
For those who want the latest and most innovative grill brush, the obvious choice is the Kona Safe Bristle-Free Grill Brush. The most ardent traditionalist who doesn’t really care much for fancy designs will probably stick with the hassle-free and affordable Weber 6493. Of course, all the grill brushes on the list are great but which one’s the best?
For most (and for us too),it’s the Kona 18-inch. It uses that modern yet proven 3-in-1 design that works very effectively. If you’re familiar with the design or not it’s very easy to use.
Yet the Kona quality here is very evident which makes it a superior choice. You won’t have to worry about loose bristles getting into your grill. It also has a 5-year warranty which is virtually unheard of for grill brushes with bristles.
So, get this Kona 18-inch Stainless Steel Grill Brush and for the next 5 years you won’t have any trouble cleaning your grill grate. Give it away as a gift too and you’ll have lots of very grateful recipients. Even if they do have their own grill brush, this one’s just better.