- Simple to use
- Easy to clean
- Only one line of bristles
- Possibly no warranty
Are you one of those Grillers who can’t believe the amount of time and trouble spent on picking the right brush for your grill grates? If that’s your reaction, then you’re the person that this Weber 6493 21-Inch 3-Sided Grill Brush was designed for. This is a no-frills grill brush with a traditional design and it’s yours at very little cost.
CHECK LATEST PRICE ON AMAZON.COM
Features of Weber 6493 21-Inch 3-Sided Grill Brush
This is pretty much your basic grill brush model with the standard stainless steel bristles. You start with a hard plastic handle that has a cord at the end so you can hang it on the side of the grill when you’re not using it.
It then continues on straight with woven wires to form the stem of the grill brush. It’s actually 21 inches long, which is the main difference from the traditionally shorter brushes. Having that extra handle length removes a little risk of burning your hands from the heat radiating from the hot grill.
Then at the end there’s a triangle of the wire with the base of the triangle featuring the stainless-steel bristles. That’s it—it’s a simple and classic design that is still working for many.
Of course, in a lot of ways, I’d say it’s even a little better than traditional grill brushes. For one, you don’t want to use the older stainless steel grill brushes because they invariably damaged the porcelain coating of some cast iron grills. But this one doesn’t do that at all, as Weber expressly recommends this for such grates.
It’s also very well built so that it won’t easily break if you push too hard cleaning the grease and grime from the grate. The bristles are also well-fixed into place so that they’re not likely to shred and then drop into your food.
You do still need to check that the bristles are secure (you can use gentle pressure with a pair of tweezers), but there’s really not much chance of that happening.
It’s also very affordable because of the basic design. There’s nothing to learn and no fancy instructions to heed. It’s a very tough brush that you can leave out even during the snowy winter season but we never recommend that.
So, let’s tally up all the good things about this Weber 6493 Grill Brush:
- It’s very simple to use and there’s nothing new to learn or figure out. You just run it through the grill at an angle you’re comfy with and exert some force for more stubborn grime. There’s nothing to it really.
- It’s simple and works. That’s the beauty of this proven design. It’s still used today because it just works, period. It easily gets rid of the grime on your grate.
- It can also be used on fragile cast iron grills with porcelain coating without any flaking, gauging, or whatever damage to the coating you may be worried about. That’s even after 50 or so uses on the same grate.
- Cleaning the brush isn’t a problem at all. If you notice any dirt or grime on it just put it in your dishwasher and you end up with it looking good. If you don’t have a dishwasher, you can just soak it in warm water with a bit of soap for a few minutes and the grime should flake right off.
- The bristles are generally very secure in place though you should check them every time before you use them.
- The 21-inch length is nice and far enough from a hot grill. It’s also not too long as to feel awkward. You can use any angle you want.
- The handle is formed ergonomically giving you a good grip. You can also use two hands on the handle if you need to.
- Very durable and some people have been using the same brush for years.
- It’s nice and cheap that when you’re done with it (or a neighbor “borrows” it without asking or without planning to return it), you don’t really feel bad about buying a new one. Definitely a very affordable gift that others will appreciate (if they have a grill, that is).
There are some issues that should be addressed, however.
- First of all, Weber is a very popular brand so it’s not uncommon to find fakes. You have to make sure that you’re not buying anything counterfeit.
- With just one line of bristles it can take a while to clean a grate.
- There’s really no easily obtainable warranty information.
This is for the “no hassle” crowd who want a grill brush that’s easy to use, long lasting, and easy on the budget. It’s the very essence of the Weber 6493 21-Inch 3-Sided Grill Brush.
CHECK LATEST PRICE ON AMAZON.COM